Friday, May 31, 2013

Studyin the Lazenby House

We are officially knee deep in sharing our lives with our wonderful social worker. We have begun the "home study" process, which is a series of interviews, with a tad bit of paperwork and homework in-between;) If everything goes as scheduled, our plan is to be finished in August with this part of the process. 

One step in the process Matt and I got to do today. We went to the sheriff's office downtown. I admit I was dreading it. My experience in government offices in the past involved long lines and cranky workers. The lady who fingerprinted us was fantastic, and had such a sweet spirit. It was so encouraging. It felt like God was giving me a high five! Matt resisted, but I told him we must take a photo and document this day. The federal government now gets to search us:) 




We are still selling T-shirts (if you want one?), but I am beginning to brainstorm other ideas for fundraising. There is so much out there, but being a runner myself I am leaning towards organizing a race. Something fun with a twist. I would love anyone's input. I organized a walk in college, but this must be BIGGER!  Be looking for updates...:) 

I try not to think of the process to getting our daughter in terms of time, but in steps. Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment