Thursday, August 15, 2013

Big Step 1: complete!

Just a little update from the Lazenby family of 4 awaiting to be 5:) We have completed the first big step in our adoption process by completing the home study. We had our last interview this week with our wonderful social worker Sherry, and it was so exciting to hear her say next time I see you, your daughter will be here! 

The next step in the process is for home study to be typed, approved by DHR, and approved by US Immigration Services. Unfortunately the Immigration approval can take weeks to months. You never know. During the waiting we will be compiling documents and doing more fingerprints, etc for our dossier. That's a fancy term that includes a large packet of information of our family to Hong Kong. 

Our sunday school class has been so supportive through this process. We are currently doing a bag order fundraiser. They are so cute and affordable. Also perfect for the "overachiever" Christmas shopper. The online catalog is on my facebook page, message me your email if you are not on FB and want to have the catalog sent to your email. 

I would like to leave you with a few things that have been on my heart about adoption. I daydream at times during the day about what our daughter will look like. I pray for her, and pray that she is taken care of until she can be brought home. But most importantly I hope to publish this blog for her one day to see the journey it took for us to get her here. I know that so many adopted children must at some point deal with grief and loss of their birthparents, but also at times anger with why their parents did not want them. I want my daughter to know that she is WORTH it. Every anxious thought, every extra late night work shift, every negative opinion endured (my most recent favorite included a woman I did not know asking me if I had lost my marbles), every piece of paperwork, fingerprint and interview. She is worth it to us. Every single orphan is worth it. It is so easy to ignore what is not visible to us....but to me her life is just as valuable as yours and mine. ESPECIALLY to our heavenly father....and sweet daughter....you are WANTED. WORTH IT. and we cannot wait to have you home :)  

1 comment:

  1. So excited to see another family adopting from HK. We just returned with our son in June. I don't know if you are connected with any groups online, but there is a yahoo group and a fb group that we found helpful throughout the process. People in both groups are helpful with questions and very encouraging during the tough times of the wait. :)

    ReplyDelete